Comcast is expanding its future forward network, the Xfinity 10G Network, to 375 homes in Liverpool Borough in Perry County. Comcast has started providing its full suite of Xfinity services to its first new customers in Liverpool with the expansion expected to be complete by end of year.
“Comcast knows high-speed Internet access is critical for connecting to work, school, family, friends and entertainment,” said Liverpool Mayor Richard E. Teats. “Comcast is helping families enjoy the benefits that digital access brings. A special thanks to Comcast’s professional, friendly staff who worked closely with me to make this happen in a timely manner.”
“We are proud to further our investment in Perry County,” said Ray Roundtree, Senior Vice President for Comcast’s Keystone Region. “Expanding our high-speed and reliable Internet access to Liverpool Borough will help ensure that more residents have the important broadband connections they need for their educational, professional and personal lives.”
From 2019-2021, Comcast invested $2.4 billion in the state of Pennsylvania to improve and expand its network and continue delivering reliable, secure, and fast connectivity to its customers. Comcast’s expansion to Liverpool is the company’s latest investment in central and eastern Pennsylvania. In Luzerne County, the company is continuing work on its network expansion in the city of Wilkes-Barre, and has completed expansions in Kingston, Pringle, Larksville and Courtdale. Comcast also recently completed network expansions to parts of Lackawanna, Lancaster, Columbia, Northumberland and Montour counties as well as in Eagles Mere and Laporte in Sullivan County, where it is also currently working on an additional expansion south of those locations. Comcast is also expanding in Honey Brook Borough, Elverson, Amity, Exeter and St. Lawrence in Berks County.
Liverpool residents can visit Xfinity.com, call 1-800-XFINITY or visit our Xfinity Store at 5094 Jonestown Road in Harrisburg to see if they are eligible for service today. Experts at the Xfinity Store can help with product demonstrations and answer any questions new customers may have.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s next-generation network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect nearly 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products and symmetrical gig speeds are coming to the first homes later this year.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful xFi Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas, with plans for an offering of increased support for in-home WiFi through a “boost guarantee” later this year.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 60 million homes and business and counting. The company plans to launch a new device that is “storm-ready” with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest xFi Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
Comcast also is proud to participate in the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides eligible low-income households with a credit of up to $30 per month ($75 per month on Tribal lands) toward their Internet and/or mobile service. Thanks to ACP, eligible Comcast customers can get home Internet through Comcast’s Internet Essentials or Internet Essentials Plus at no cost once the federal credit is applied. Internet Essentials customers can also add a line of unlimited 5G cellular data ($45) through Xfinity Mobile for as little as $24.95/month after the ACP benefit is applied.
Comcast is deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities it serves. The company has installed more than 100 Lift Zones throughout the region, providing free WiFi service to help community centers promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.