Comcast today announced it is extending its Xfinity 10G Network to nearly 2,000 homes across Delaware Township and Watsontown Borough in Northumberland County in Eastern Pennsylvania. Service started to become available last month, and Comcast anticipates this expansion project will be completed in 2024. Once finished, residential customers will have access to Xfinity’s full suite of products and services including Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Mobile, and Xfinity Home.
“We’re proud to bring our services to more areas within Northumberland County,” said Greg Wells, Vice President, Sales & Marketing for Comcast’s Keystone Region. “Internet access plays a vital role in the economic vitality of local communities, connecting individuals and families to opportunities. With our continued expansion efforts we are focused on giving residents more choices and chances to connect.”
Residents can visit Xfinity.com to see if their address is currently eligible for service. As construction to expand the network continues, residents can also visit Xfinity.com/MyTown and enter their address to get additional details on services and when they will be available. In addition, residents also have the option to visit their local Xfinity Store located at 1952 East Third Street, Williamsport, PA 17701 to meet with experts that can help with product demonstrations and answer questions.
This expansion is part of Comcast’s latest investments in Pennsylvania. Over the last several years, Comcast expanded its Xfinity 10G Network to more than 315,000 additional homes and businesses across the Commonwealth. To learn more about Comcast’s commitment and contribution to bringing Internet access to all Americans, especially residents and businesses in underserved and unserved locations, visit ComcastCorporation.com/broadband-partnerships.
Powered by the Xfinity 10G Network
Comcast’s Xfinity 10G Network and Internet experience are powering homes today and into the future:
- Ultimate Capacity: Xfinity customers connect more than 1 billion devices across the company’s network annually. The Xfinity 10G Network with the next-generation Xfinity gateways deliver the most advanced WiFi technology carrying three times more bandwidth to power streaming, gaming, videoconferencing, and more, simultaneously.
- Fastest Internet: More than a third of Xfinity Internet customers subscribe to gigabit speed products. Recently Comcast connected the first customers in the world to a DOCSIS 4.0 connection, delivering symmetrical gig speeds over existing connections in customers’ homes with plans to continue to rollout these speeds across the country over the coming years.
- Unprecedented Coverage: The latest Xfinity Gateway provides a more reliable connection throughout the home. Customers can get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage with a powerful WiFi Boost Pod that extends coverage to hard-to-reach areas of the home.
- Most Reliable Connection: Comcast is scaling the nation’s largest and most reliable network – the Xfinity 10G Network – that passes 62 million homes and business and counting. The company launched Storm-Ready WiFi, a new device that comes powered with cellular and battery backup to help keep customers connected even when the power goes out.
- Ultra-Low Latency: The Xfinity 10G Network and the latest Xfinity Gateway are a powerful combination that deliver ultra-low latency for those moments when response times matter most like video games, a fast-growing category with Xfinity households averaging more than one gaming console per home.
Comcast is deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities it serves. The company has 187 Lift Zones in Pennsylvania that provide free WiFi service to empower community centers to promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s $1 billion commitment to advance digital equity through programs and community partnerships that connect people to the Internet, advance economic mobility, and open doors for the next generation of innovators, entrepreneurs, storytellers, and creators.