Comcast announced the expansion of its smart, fast and reliable fiber-rich network deeper into Exeter Township and St. Lawrence Borough, delivering its full suite of Xfinity and Comcast Business services to more than 8,300 additional residents and businesses, including Internet speeds of up to 3 gigabits per second (Gbps) for residences and up to 100 Gbps for businesses.
“We are proud to extend our advanced, fiber-rich network deeper into Berks County,” said Greg Wells, Vice President of Sales & Marketing for Comcast’s Keystone Region, which serves customers in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland and Ohio. “And we are committed to continue innovating around our entire suite of products and investing in our network as we know customers rely on us to keep them connected at home and on the go.”
The process to extend Comcast’s fiber-rich network in these areas is underway, with the first new Exeter Township customers expected to have service available this fall and the entire project to be completed by the end of 2023. Beginning this fall, prospective customers can call 1-800-XFINITY to inquire about service, or ask about the federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program, which provides eligible households with up to $30/month toward their Internet and mobile service.
“Having more choice for reliable, fast Internet connections is important to all our residents, and we look forward to more of them having access to the Comcast network,” said St. Lawrence Mayor Barrie Kinsey.
Residential customers in these areas will be able to take advantage of Xfinity’s full suite of Internet products, including:
- Supersonic WiFi: Advanced WiFi technology from powerful gateways capable of delivering gigabit speeds to support the ever-increasing number of connected devices in homes.
- Ultimate Security: Help keep loved ones safe and secure online with xFi Advanced Security, included at no extra cost with an xFi Gateway. Advanced Security helps protect customers’ devices from billions of cyberthreats a year, and customers can add xFi Complete to extend that security on the go.
- Powerful Connection: The newest Gateway provides a more reliable connection for all connected devices. And with xFi Complete, get wall-to-wall WiFi coverage throughout the home, with an xFi Pod included if recommended.
- Unprecedented Control: xFi, a digital dashboard to control the home WiFi network that includes Advanced Security protecting every device on the network from malware and security threats.
- Xfinity Mobile: A mobile service built for the way consumers use mobile today, with the Internet at the core of the experience, Xfinity Mobile can save customers hundreds a year on their mobile bills.
- Ultimate Entertainment: Flex, a free 4K platform for Internet-only customers that seamlessly delivers streaming content.
In the past five years (2017-2021), Comcast has invested nearly $20 billion to evolve and grow its national network and has built 50,000 new route miles of fiber into its network. And Comcast customers have been able to enjoy speed increases at no additional cost, the most recent of which was announced earlier this year.
For local businesses, Comcast Business offers a suite of connectivity, communications, networking, cybersecurity, wireless, and managed solutions to help organizations of different sizes prepare for what’s next. Powered by the nation’s largest Gig-speed broadband network, and backed by 24/7 customer support, Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and one of the leading service providers to the Enterprise market. Comcast Business has been consistently recognized by industry analysts and associations as a leader and innovator, and one of the fastest growing providers of Ethernet services.
Comcast is also deeply committed to advancing digital equity in the communities we serve. The company has brought 18 Lift Zones to Berks County, providing free WiFi service to local community centers to promote digital learning. Lift Zones are part of Project UP, Comcast’s comprehensive, 10-year, $1 billion commitment to help build a future of unlimited possibilities and the continuation of the company’s long history of giving back to communities where it provides service and where its employees live and work.