CHAMBERSBURG, PA – March 25, 2019 – Comcast has opened a new interactive Xfinity retail store at 935 Norland Avenue in Chambersburg Crossing, the first of its kind in Franklin County and the 14th Xfinity retail store in Comcast’s Keystone Region. The interactive store design was created to provide customers an immersive destination to discover Xfinity products and services and replaces the former service center located on Baltimore Pike in Shippensburg.
Located in a popular retail location, the 4,000-square foot center, designed entirely around the needs and feedback of Comcast customers, is larger than the former facility and provides visitors with an opportunity to explore, learn about and interact with the latest Xfinity products and services. The store is designed strategically by product area – Xfinity Mobile, Xfinity X1, Xfinity Home and Xfinity Internet – so customers can see Comcast’s industry-leading products in action.
- Xfinity Mobile is a key part of Xfinity stores – customers can purchase new mobile phones, or bring their own Apple devices and choose a flexible data plan based on their individual needs by electing to pay by the gig or choose unlimited.
- Discover xFi, the Xfinity personalized home WiFi experience, and learn how to view and control network devices through the app, site or voice remote in the Xfinity Internet zone.
- X1, our next generation video platform, is featured in a living room environment, so customers can try the voice remote and see how X1 works first-hand.
- The Connected Home Zone section showcases how Xfinity Home combines the best of home security and automation into one simple experience – customers can learn how they can control an increasing number of IoT devices from their phone, tablet or Xfinity Home touchscreen.
- Customers can visit the store to upgrade or swap equipment, ask questions about their Xfinity service or pay a bill at an in-store kiosk. Sales consultants have extensive training on customer service and deep knowledge of Xfinity products. In-store appointments can be scheduled online by clicking “Visit an Xfinity Store.”
“We are thrilled to open an Xfinity Store for our customers in the Chambersburg area and to provide them with a more welcoming, efficient and interactive experience,” said Alan Clairmont, vice president of marketing for Comcast’s Keystone Region. “Placing a larger retail store in a convenient location already frequently used by our customers is just one way we are continuing to create a better customer experience.”
The new Xfinity store has expanded hours – Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. – and a larger staff. All three sales consultants from Shippensburg will work in the Chambersburg location, and five new sales consultants have been added. The store also provides a dedicated space for Comcast Business products and services, and sales consultants can facilitate planning a meeting between prospective customers and the Comcast Business team.